Sunday, August 17, 2014

Walrus beach card

After having created the adorablly sweet seal from my previous post I realized that the basics of the seal body could also be turned into a walrus.
That is how this little fellow came to be.

 
I created a serene beach background for him which made me think of summer vacation. Which seems to fit a "wish you were here" or a "missing you" greeting quite nicely.
 
Here is just the background:

 
I made good use of my old Sizzix dies (wave, sand/snow, and rocks). The embossed background was sponged with a little sky blue ink (it actually is a little darker than it shows in the photo).
 
Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Stamp: So Many Sayings - SU
Embossing folder: Clouds - Darice (could use the SU one as well)
Dies: Old Sizzix (from the red machine) Wave, snow, rocks
Ink: for the sky  Colorbox Sky Blue, the rest are SU: Crumb Cake, Bermuda Bay, Tempting Turquoise and Basic Gray.
Misc.: foam mounting squares to attach the walrus and greeting (banners are hand cut)
 
Full punch art instructions below.
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...