Monday, September 15, 2014

Popsicle Treat

This layout is of my duaghter when she was only 4. These photos are of the same summer as our house boating vacation. Luckily I had not cropped them into strange shapes (yet).


These pictures called out to me in need of a punch art accent on the page. As I realize not everyone has some of the retired punches I own I am providing three options to making very similar popsicles. Note these would be great on a card as well.

My title was created using foam letter stickers. I had this idea in my head that I could easily colour them using my inks. It didn't work quite as well as I had hoped. The inks wouldn't dry. I tried setting the ink with my heat tool. That just seemed to cause the foam to shrink. I then applied a light dusting of clear embossing powder to them and heated slightly just to melt the powder. That worked.


However, if you look close you'll see that I did the "POPSICLE" first and the letters shrunk quite a bit. When I then proceeded onto the 'TREAT" part I only heated them to set the embossing powder. These turned out better; much less shrinkage and they seem to have a better embossed effect.
My popsicle accents as well as the double matted photo are mounted with foam squares for a little extra dimension.

Supplies used:
Patterned paper: Blue- Provocraft, Puprle - Karen Foster, print I believe is Hot of the Press.
Cardstock: Bazzill
Ink: Every purple hue of SU I could find blended together.
Dies/Template: I used my large (8x10") circle Coluzzle
Misc.: foam squares, 12 x 1/8" purple metallic brads, SU paper piercing template & tool (used to evenly space my brads), white foam letter stickers (Dollarama), small hand-held tear drop punch - Fiskar, white gel pen.

Full punch art instructions for the popsicles below (to create "bites" I punched the popsicle with my 7/8" scallop circle - SU).


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...