Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Father's Day Angelfish

With Stampin' Up's new catty coming out this week I need to make some room for new stamps in my oh so tiny craft corner. So this last weekend I spend some time organizing and purging a little.
This led to an old SU stamp case full of un-mounted Club Scrap stamps. I had removed these from the wooden blocks about 2 years ago with every intention to mount them on EZ mount next chance I got. Apparently now was that time.

This lovely little angelfish called out to be used and what better opportunity than on a great Father's Day card for my dad.

I honestly had no specific idea or technique in mind when I started. I grabbed several items and several inks and just started to play.


I brayered the background in Pool Party and then stamped the speckles in Island Indigo.
I sponged a sandy ocean floor in Sahara Sand and added the seaweed using Mossy Meadow.
I then stamped my fish in Tangelo Twist and misted everything with a little water for a watercolour effect.

Now I am not a very patient person. So once this was more-or-less dry, I stamped  various circles (made from scrap rubber) in white. Note I used a slightly most baby wipe to smudge and lighten the white pigment ink a little (rub in circular motion). Once everything was dry I re-stamped the fish in Tangerine Tango for a little more definition. Then for some sparkle I used a bit of PSX Diamond Sparkle. Just enough sparkle to "glitz-up" the card, but not too much so that it's still a masculine enough card.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections white
Stamps: Angelfish - Club Scrap, Build a Blossom - SU, Gorgeous Grunge - SU, Crazy About You - SU
Ink: Tuxedo Black - Memento, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Sahara Sand, Mossy meadow, Tangerine Tango, Tangelo Twist, White Craft pad - SU
Misc.: foam square (to mount the panel onto my card front) PSX Diamond Sparkle.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...