Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Copic Christmas Poinsettia

With having recently purchased several Copic markers I've been itching to try and colour the poinsettia image in the SU Joyful Christmas set. So far I've only used that set once; to make my Christmas hamburger treat boxes.

I opted to stamp the image in black, although I also really want to try this with white or silver embossing powder.



I stamped my image 2 times and layers it. The first layer is the full flower. The outer petals are coloured with shading the inner petals are coloured in the darkest red only. On my second image I shaded the smaller petals and then fuzzy cut them and adhered on top of my full image using foam mounting tape cut to size. I then cut out the large image as well and adhered it to my card front with more foam tape.



I'm happy enough with the results but think I can do an even better colouring job if I give this image a few more tries. Guess there will be several poinsettia cards this Christmas.


The flower center is made of 8 small pearls that I coloured yellow using my Copic.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill, Recollections
Stamp: Joyful Christmas - SU
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
Alcohol markers: Copic: R17, R29, R89, Y 35, Blendabilities by SU: Olive green set
Dies: Apothecary Accents - SU
Embossing folder: Decorative Dots - SU
Misc.: 10 tiny 1/16" pearls, Always Artichoke seam binding ribbon - SU, foam mounting tape

Thanks for stopping by. This concludes my Christmas in July projects. Next up some more punch art fun with the new tree builder punch. Hope to see you again soon!

2 comments :

  1. Love that poinsettia!!! I did a similar card using clear versa mark and clear embossing powder on shimmer paper then buffed a little Tim Holtz antique ink. The cards were so elegant looking. Wish I had kept 1! LOL Yours turned out beautiful..thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the way you've given such nice depth to the poinsettia via coloring! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...