Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Silver Blossoms

Still being very new to colouring with Copics I thought I'd try embossing my line image in gold and silver before colouring, after all I have successfully coloured my images after clear embossing.
Those of you well familiar with Copics are probably cringing as you read this as you know better.

I had no idea that the embossing powder, despite having been heat set, would dissolve when coming into contact with Copics.  I noticed this immediately when I started colouring and quickly did a Google search only to find this is a big no-no.
I did persist though and managed to finish colouring my image by being very, very careful not to touch the tip of my marker to the embossed edges. The finished image looks beautiful but I don't recommend anyone else trying this unless you have a very steady hand and are willing to risk your marker tip. I would recommend investing in some good quality metallic ink (now definitely on my wish list) and then clear embossing to get a similar finished look.


The Lotus was stamped on a scrap piece of cardstock, coloured with Copic markers and then fuzzy cut. The leaves  and sentiment were stamped onto a separate piece of card trimmed to approx. 3 x 4.25 ".


The lotus flower was attached with a bit of foam tape for some added depth. The panel was then mounted on a bit of pink patterned paper.


The last mat is mint cardstock embossed with a frame texture. before attaching this mat it was sponged with a little ink and wrapped with the ribbon. 


The pink pattern paper was used as the card front and a white doily added to fill in the space. Lastly for the finishing touches the bow as added as well as a few rhinestones in the right corners.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections white, Bazzill green
Patterned paper: Karen Foster
Ink: Versamark, Garden green - SU
Alcohol markers: Copic: G02, G05, RV10,RV21, RV34, blender pen
Embossing folder: Framed Tulips - SU
Misc.: 5/8" pink organza ribbon, 4.5" white paper doily, rhinestones, foam tape/mounting squares

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

3 comments :

  1. Absolutely stunning!!!! Love all the detail with the embossing folder, doiley, and rhinestones.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the pinks and greens. And I didn't know about the embossing melting!! Good to know, tfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card- some people emboss in white and color over it with Copics....cool looking, but it can mess up your tips....... Your coloring is beautiful : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...