Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Crochet Adventure

Unfortunately I have not had a chance to get into my craft room in the last few weeks. So much so that I haven't even been able to go through my SU Sale-a-bration order that arrived several weeks ago. I did managed to open the box and inspect the contents but haven't been able to inventory the goodies in my Evernote notebook yet.

It's hard to believe I've had to pass up time with this batch of delightful toys.


I plan to get to this in the next couple of days as I have many ideas for cards using several of these new stamp sets (you can't see it but the balloon stamps and matching punch are hiding near the bottom of the box as well as several more stamp set).

Although I haven't been able to make any cards, I've still been crafty.
My cousin had twin baby girls last month, and I had the brilliant last minute idea to crochet baby blankets for the wonderful new arrivals.



They turned out quite lovely and I'm very happy I managed to finish them within two weeks. You may not believe it but as I haven't crochet in many years I actually developed blisters on my right hand after a few nights. But I persisted and completed them rather quickly.

Now these sweet twins have an older, 2 year old brother. I didn't want the little tyke to feel overlooked so of course I had to make something for him as well. My daughter recently bought a book with baby and toddler hat patterns. So after looking through it I decided on this cute raccoon hat.


After I finished the hat I had quite a bit of yarn left over and proceeded to make a matching scarf.


So these two pieces took another week. I finally decided enough is enough; after all my poor, sore arms needed a rest from the "unusual" activity (it's still rather surprising to me which muscles are sued for crocheting and apparently not all too much in other daily activities).
This past weekend I quickly stamped a few "handmade" tags, packed everything up in a box, threw in a couple of greeting cards and now have finally got my gifts ready to mail.

If all goes well, I shall have plenty of opportunity to play with my new stamps and share some card creations very soon.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon. 

4 comments :

  1. I love your crochet items. Great job! I have made blankets like yours but didn't have a pretty finish edge on mine. Could you tell me the name or where you got the pattern? Would you believe my friends daughter is having twin girls and I would love to make the blankets for them too. I'm working on other things this week too, helping my daughter finish some curtains. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pink and gray blankets, and what an adorable hat too!! Awesome work for not having done it for awhile!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nelda, the basic blanket pattern came from this website here: https://www.madhooker.com/granny-square-and-ribbon-baby-blanket-set/
    I did alter it a tiny bit.
    I started with a magic ring/circle, then 34 rounds. I didn't like the ribbon trim (figure it's too easy for little baby hands to grab onto and pull apart) so opted to start the edge with 2 rows single crochet in base color, then three rows single crochet in trim color, one row double crochet in base color and then the scallop trim as per the instructions. I also decided on a simple double 5 petal flower in the two colors opposed to single flower with a bead or button trim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun- loving how you used reverse colors. We still have the baby blankets after all of these years- and I just LOVE the raccoon hat and scarf. That is a haul from the SAB sale- I have not ordered anything yet....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...